The Waldorf School of New Orleans has an immediate opening for a temporary office manager for the Fall of 2015 while our current office manager is on maternity leave. We are a small, independent, private school in the Irish Channel that provides a unique, arts-integrated education for children pre-K through 8th grade. We are looking for an individual who is warm yet professional, focused, and experienced with a school environment. And while we are currently hiring only for the fall, we anticipate the possibility of making this a permanent position due to future staff restructuring.
Position: Office Manager
Status: Full-time, Salaried
Hours: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday-Friday, occasional Saturdays
• 2+ years administrative experience.
• 2+ years experience working with children in an educational environment.
• Organized and detail-oriented with a pleasant disposition and professional demeanor.
• Proven ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive financial, school, or family information.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks.
• Responsible, reliable and punctual.
• Bachelor's degree.
• 2+ years of Office Manager experience.
• Experience in a school office.
• Waldorf education experience.
The Office Manager must maintain a clean, organized, and well-supplied office. The Office Manager must also represent the school in a professional and informed manner, as the position is often the first point of contact for the school. The Office Manager will also facilitate effective communication with parents, teachers, and the school community.
In addition, this position performs specific operational duties such as: office management and clerical duties, enrollment coordination, records management, vendor coordination, outreach support, Early Childhood program support, and health and safety support.
If you are interested, please respond to this ad at email@example.com with a cover letter, resume, and three professional references.