Waldorf School of New Orleans is a federally recognized 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, nationality or ethnic origin in its admissions, educational, and hiring policies.
PART-TIME SPANISH TEACHER
The Waldorf School of New Orleans seeks a part-time Spanish teacher (approximately 15 hours weekly) for the 2013-14 school year. We are a growing private school in the Irish Channel for students in Nursery through Eighth Grade. The school follows the Waldorf curriculum, an arts-based, developmentally appropriate program found in nearly 900 schools world-wide. To learn more about the school and Waldorf education, please visit www.waldorfnola.org.
The ideal candidate would posses the following qualifications:
· Native speaker or near-native fluency
· At least 2 years if class teaching experience
· Understanding of child development
· Knowledge of Waldorf education and philosophy or a willingness to learn
· Excellent classroom management skills
Job duties and responsibilities include:
· Teach 4 levels (Grades 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, and 7) three 45 minute Spanish classes per week
· Arrive at school 15 minutes before each class and remain until area is clean and students have transitioned
· Follow the school-wide discipline plan
· Create a yearly lesson plan for all levels of Spanish taught
· Assist the school in creating a comprehensive language curriculum
· Plan engaging lessons for various age levels with appropriate activities and content
· Conduct class in Spanish using songs, games, stories, activities, and conversation
· Participate in regular faculty meetings and on-going professional development
· Prepare written narrative reports for each student twice a year
· Communicate all concerns, student or otherwise, to the appropriate party (parents, teachers, administration)
· Be open to learning about and receiving support and mentoring in Waldorf pedagogy
We offer small classes, a supportive environment, and competitive pay, as well as opportunities for professional development and career growth. Qualified candidates should email email@example.com with a resume, three references, and a philosophy of language teaching.