Let's play 20 Questions! This week's guest is WSNO Grades 5 / 6 Class Teacher Rebecca Nelson who is currently in her 4th rotation teaching Middle Grades students. She took some time out of her busy schedule to play today so that we can get to know her a little better.
1. What three traits define you?
Curiosity, Creativity, and Strength.
2. What is your personal philosophy?
Learning is the ultimate adventure.
3. What's one thing you couldn't live without?
4. What are you reading these days?
Hindu Myths And Legends 5. What is the best book you've ever read?
Too hard to choose...skip! 6. Where is your favorite place to be?
Italy 7. What is your favorite thing to do?
8. What’s the weirdest job you’ve ever had?
Washing colonial glass shards and cataloging them.
9. What’s the coolest (or most important) trend you see today?
The realization that we should unplug and have real human interactions.
10. Choose: Beaches or Mountains and tell us why!
Beaches, because they symbolize fun, relaxation, and beauty for me.
11. What has been the most important innovation you have witnessed in your lifetime?
The Internet. It's an incredible way to share diverse ideas and information quickly. 12. You’re hosting a dinner party. Who are the 3 people, from present or past, who you would invite and why?
I'm an introvert, so.... 13. What is your favorite food?
Peach pie, fresh from the oven.
14. If you could do another job for just one day, what would it be?
Ice cream taste tester.
15. What's your best advice?
It's easier to have compassion for others if you really try to embrace them as complex human beings. 16. What would you most like to tell yourself at age 12?
You are much cooler than you think. 17. Whom do you admire most?
18. What is your greatest fear?
Having failed to make a difference.
19. Tell us something that might surprise us about you.
I really don't like camping. (Shhh, don't tell my students.) 20. What is your favorite thing about working at Waldorf School of New Orleans?